Gateway Buffet Luau Package at PCC
The Polynesian Cultural Center has so many noteworthy attractions on their 42-acre property that it would be impossible to see it all in one day. Thankfully, you don’t have to. The Gateway Package includes a three-day pass so you can explore at your own pace, whenever you'd like. Included with your three-day pass is a luau-themed dinner at the Gateway Buffet and a performance of the award-winning show "Ha: Breath of Life."
The Islands of Polynesia (12:45-4:30pm)
PCC’s main attraction is the “Islands of Polynesia” portion of the park. Here guests can immerse themselves in the distinct cultures of six different Polynesian island villages. Each village, representing Hawaii, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Tahiti, and Aotearoa (New Zealand) has its own collection of exhibits, cultural activities, and presentations for guests to explore and experience. Many of the cultural activities are hands-on and immersive, such as crafts, games, or lessons. Take a weaving lesson, learn to play the ukelele, or get a temporary Polynesian tattoo. There's so many fun and interesting things to do!
Gateway Luau Buffet (4:30-6:30pm)
Seating at the Gateway Buffet begins at 4:30 pm and continues until 6:30 pm. Guests may arrive at any time during that two-hour window. Guests are treated to live Hawaiian music and a stunning 360-degree mural as they dine in this expansive open-air dining hall.
The Gateway Buffet offers a great variety of foods, from traditional Hawaiian foods like roasted Kalua pork and poi to Asian and American dishes served with a Polynesian twist. There’s a full salad bar and even a poke bar. Kid friendly options like mac & cheese and chicken strips are also available.
The Polynesian Cultural Center does not serve alcohol and does not allow it to be consumed on its premises.
Ha: Breath of Life Show (7:30-8:45 pm)
End the day with a dramatic love story set to live Hawaiian music, along with some Polynesian dancing and an impressive fire-knife dancing. “HA: Breath of Life” is an award-winning stage production that features over 100 performers and incorporates special effects, animation, and high-tech surround sound and lighting.
The Gateway Package includes silver level seating – which will give you a sweeping view of the stage below. The show runs from 7:30 pm to about 8:45 pm.
Optional Transportation from Waikiki
To make your experience entirely worry-free, round-trip motor coach transportation from Waikiki is an optional $30 add-on. Pick-ups are available from 10:30am. Enjoy the trip to the windward side as a friendly guide provides information on the sights you pass.
Your fun-filled day comes to an end around 10:30pm, when you’re brought back, full and happy, to Waikiki.
- Pick up at the designated location near your Waikiki hotel
- Ride in a luxurious top-of-the-line motor coach
- Trip narrated by friendly, local guide
- Return to Waikiki approximately 10:30pm
Gateway Luau Buffet Menu:
- Salad Bar: Tossed Green Salad, Poi, Pickled cucumber with Limu, Orecchiette Fennel Salad, Fresh Island Fruit Platter
- Poke Bar: Lomi Lomi Salmon, Ahi Shoyu Poke, Spicy Local Fish Poke, Poisson Cru with Hawaiian Cod, Ulu Uala Poke, Ahi Tuna Sashimi
- Side Dishes: Steamed White Rice, Pineapple Fried Rice, Fried Pancit Noodles, Tri-color Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Veggie Ratatouille, Kabocha Squash and Broccolini Tofu Stir-fry, Steamed Asparagus with Lilikoi Glaze, Blanched Bok Choy with Sautéed Mushrooms, Roasted Squash Soup, Hawaiian Bouillabaisse, Taro Rolls
- Entrees: Hawaiian Style Sweet & Sour Chicken, Fried Chicken Wings with Adobo Sticky Glaze, Garlic Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken with Pineapple Relish, Fried Calamari, Kalua Pork, Spicy Gochujang Pork Belly, Culotte Steak Carving Station, Kalbi Brisket Stir-Fry, Char Siu Pork Ribs, Crispy Garlic Shrimp with Sweet Chili Garlic Aioli, Furikake Panko Crusted Local Fish of the Day
- Desserts: Pineapple Fosters, Laie Vanilla Panna Cotta with Macerated Papaya, Ice Cream
- Beverages: Assorted soft drinks, teas and coffee (No alcohol)
Know before you book:
- Luaus fill up quickly, please book in advance.
- Alcohol is not served at the Polynesian Cultural Center and not allowed on the premises.
- Dress code is casual. Shirts and shoes are required. Bathing suits and clothing or tattoos with offensive designs are prohibited. Dress for the elements, bring proper sun and rain protection, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The park does not allow any food or snacks to be brought into the park unless it is medically required. The park allows guests to bring bottled water with them and there are filling stations located throughout the park.
Operating Hours and Schedule:
- Open 12:45pm-9:00pm
- CLOSED Sundays and Wednesdays