North Shore Shark Adventures
Get ready for a once in a lifetime shark cage dive! 100% Guaranteed Shark Sighting.
100% Refund Policy
For a 100% Full Refund you must notify us directly by phone at 808-626-5834 at least 24 hours (not calendar day) before your tour start time to make any changes or cancellations to your reservation without charge. This includes changes to passenger count, transportation, tour start time, or tour date. If we do not answer please leave a detailed message of booking name, tour date, and time. DO NOT send an email since we cannot guarantee a timely response. GROUPS of 10 or more and PRIVATE CHARTER bookings require a 7 calendar day notice.
For changes or cancellations within the 24 hour non-cancel period or if any of your party does not show up, the following will apply: The credit card on file will be charged in full or if you are prepaid, no refunds will be issued. A rescheduling fee of $43 and / or $55 (if trans is selected) plus tax, per person will apply to accommodate you on an available alternate tour time. Exceptions may be considered for medical emergencies or airline flight changes, at our discretion.
If we cancel or change the tour for any reason or if you don’t see sharks, you have the option to reschedule to an available tour time without penalty or receive a full refund. We are not responsible however for any costs for airline tickets or fees, car rentals, third-party transportation fees, taxi fares, and / or other fee penalties which you may incur due to a tour cancellation or change.
We reserve the right to make exceptions to the reservation and cancellation policy for any reason.
Frequently "Answered" Questions
- Each passenger gets 1 drop for 20 minutes in the cage.
- The cage is not completely submerged, it stands 2 feet out from the water.
- You'll spend about 1.5 hours on the boat.
- Usually 6-8 guests will be in the cage at a time.
- You can be up to 7 months pregnant and still get into the cage.
- You'll get to see mainly Galapagos & Sandbar sharks. Occasionally Tiger or Hammerhead.
- December-May you may be lucky to see Humpback Whales.
- You cannot swim outside the cage.
- We operate rain or shine.
- Parking is free.
- No restrooms are on board the boat. Use harbor facilities beforehand.
- We do not provide transportation from Ko Olina.
You will leave the North Shore on Oahu from Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor and travel 2 miles out to sea to cage dive with these beautiful sharks in their natural habitat. Often on the way you may also encounter Dolphins, Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, and magnificent Humpback Whales (November through May).
- You can be inches away from sharks ranging in size of 5 to 15 feet!
- Safe for You & the Sharks
- Visibility is often 150 feet or more
- No scuba gear required
- All divers welcome (no experience required)
- Diving mask
- Cold drinking water
- Shark cage
- A comfortable seat on one of our boats, The "Kaiou", "Abunai", or "Anela"
- A safety briefing - safety is our first concern
- FREE parking (person at check-in will direct you to parking)
Shark Cage Dive
This tour has been featured on BBC Outdoors, the Travel Channel and many other shows. It is one of the most exhilarating experiences you can have in Hawaii. You'll be amazed at how quickly your fear of sharks will disappear and how excited you'll become when you're in the water with such a fascinating creature. Get ready for a once in a lifetime shark cage dive!
What to Expect on the Tour
The first tour of the day starts at 7 AM for most of the year. Our other tours are available up until 11 AM although later tours can be arranged as needed. Once your tour starts, you will speed out of Haleiwa Harbor for two hours of exhilaration. Our boats are designed with canopies and cushioned seats, so you can experience the adrenaline rush of a lifetime in complete comfort.
To make sure that everyone stays safe, we start out each tour with a safety briefing and a history of the tour. Afterward, masks and snorkels are handed out. From there, we travel about three or four miles from the shoreline to moor the cage in the serene, clear blue water. The visibility is amazing in this area, so you can see up to 150 feet away as the sharks loom in the deep ocean.
On average, the sharks that you will see will range in size from 5 to 15 feet. Up to eight people can fit inside the cage, so your entire family can see the sharks at once. Since the sharks are interested in the sound of the motor, we do not have to use any chumming to get the sharks interested. Pack your underwater camera or buy one on the trip to photograph the sharks up close.
Know before you book:
- If you know you get motion sickness, take precautions the day before or at least one hour before.
- We encourage you to bring a towel, swimwear, change of clothes, hat, sunglasses, eco-friendly sunscreen, backpack, and a snack.
- You can bring your own snorkel and mask.
- Don't forget to pack your underwater cameras.
- You can purchase underwater cameras and a video service shot in 1080p if needed.
- Round trip duration from Check-in to completion is about 2 hours.
- Each passenger will get 20 minutes in the cage with a group.
- Shark cage holds up to 8 people comfortably, perfect for small families to experience their shark dive together.
- Infant boat riders are only allowed on tours before 9am due to rougher waters.