Oahu to Hilo: Helicopter & Volcano Adventure Tour
Go from a scenic helicopter tour to craters and black volcanic deserts straight into deep green valleys and ridges where hundreds of waterfalls cascade down the mountain.
Image is for illustrative purposes only. Lava activity is unpredictable and never guaranteed.
Helicopter Ride over the Volcano
Visit Rainbow Falls
Richardson's Black Sand Beach
Incredible Aerial Views of Big Island
Once in a Lifetime Experience
See the start of Volcanic Plant Life
King Kamehameha Statue
Once purchased, this tour is NON-REFUNDABLE and the tour cannot be cancelled.
Due to airline restrictions, passenger name changes are not permitted under any circumstance.
We can try to change dates, but there is no guarantee of availability. Airline change penalty fees may apply and vary by airline and fare type.
No-shows will incur full charges – No refunds
This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Standard TSA rules apply on the commercial flight included in this tour. That means that you must provide us with your name exactly as it appears on your valid, government-issued ID. You must have your ID for airport security check-in. International guests must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, and venue hours of operation.
Can I go scuba diving before the tour?
For safety and health reasons, no scuba diving before 24 hours prior to the tour date.
Embark on an exciting day trip from Oahu to Big Island for a Volcano Tour! The first stop on your tour is a helicopter flight where you’ll enjoy aerial views of the remarkable recent transformation of Kilauea, the largest rainforest in the United States and Cascading waterfalls. The sightseeing adventure continues on a ground tour with your guide who will take you through the beautiful scenic sites of the Big Island's volcanic wonderland on this inter-island day trip from Oahu with airfare included!
- Roundtrip Airfare from Oahu to Hawaii
- Includes a 45 Minute helicopter where you can see recent lava flow and the volcanic crater
- Visit the Most Popular destinations in the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Delicious Lunch included
- Include stops at Halemaumau Crater, Kilauea Visitor Center, Steam Vents
- Chain of Craters Road scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Devastation Trail stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the Kilauea eruption
- Rainbow Falls waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- CALL 808-900-6070 to check availability
No upgrades available
- Round trip flights from Honolulu to Hilo
- Helicopter Tour
- Aerial views of volcano area
- See areas with the most recent volcanic activity.
- Cascading waterfalls.
- Largest rain forest in the USA
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hot lunch included
- Steam Vents
- Chain of Craters Road
Lava activity is unpredictable and never guaranteed.
Volcanoes National Park
Are you on a short vacation to Hawaii and want to make sure you don’t miss a thing? Then leave the planning to the professionals, join a tour, and enjoy the view!
Once you arrive on the Big Island of Hawaii, switch rides and board a luxurious helicopter for a 45-minute spin above the volcano. Hilo owes its spectacular sights to the fact that an enormous active volcano is situated right next to the lush rainforests of the windward side of the island.
Since volcanic activity is constantly changing it takes just a little luck to find the most active spots on the day of your visit. Luckily, your pilot-guide is an expert on the area and will do his best to give you the most memorable experience.
After your helicopter ride, your friendly guide welcomes you aboard a comfortable tour vehicle, your home on wheels for the day. Once everyone is on board, the tour begins. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is at the center of this full day tour. The main sights here include Halema’uma’u Crater, Kilauea Visitor Center, and the dramatic steam vents. While the Visitor Center provides you with lots of important information about volcanoes in general and Kilauea in particular, the rest of the tour builds on that knowledge and brings you face to face with the incredible power of nature.
Volcanoes dramatically impact the shape of Hawaii’s landscape. But it isn't just fiery lava rolling over everything in its wake. With destruction also comes new creation. While on tour you see the so-called Trail of Devastation, a path that vividly shows the destruction after a 1959 eruption. You see the Kilauea Iki Overlook and the Chain of Craters, both remnants of long-past volcanic activity. But you also see the beauty that follows the devastation. Kealakomo Overlook provides you with panoramic coastal views.
After a visit to the Volcano National Park, your guide will take you to Rainbow falls. Here the rain has shaped the land into a lush jungle landscape within which impressive waterfalls up to 442ft in height come crashing down, creating rainbows in the mist.
After a day of natural encounters, Hilo town is a quaint refuge. See famous Banyan Drive, a road lined with massive banyan trees, Richardson’s black beach and the beautiful Liliuokalani Gardens.
From Hilo, you catch your flight back to Oahu. By around 9 PM, you're back in Honolulu with many new and unforgettable memories.
Guests 240 pounds and over will be subject to a comfort seat surcharge. An agent will reach out with details after booking.
Know before you book:
- Transportation to and from the airport is on your own and is not provided.
- Tour runs on Wednesdays - Call 808-900-6070 to check availability.
- Guests 240 pounds and over will be subject to a comfort seat surcharge. An agent will reach out with details after booking.
- Inter-island flights are subject to the same laws and regulations of all commercial air transportation. You must present valid, government-issued photo ID for your flights (passport or local ID)
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.
- Bring a jacket. Hilo is rainy and the volcano can be very chilly (as low as 50F, 10 C) It can also be sunny, bring sunscreen (Carry on).
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Dress appropriately for moderate walking
- Routes and stops may be modified based on weather, traffic, and National or State Park advisories