Kohala Zip & Waterfall Dip
In the northwest corner of the Big Island sits Kohala, a region that is the perfect playground for anyone interested in thrills and adventure. The Kohala Zip & Dip Tour offers an exhilarating mix of adventures: ziplining, off-roading, and swimming in a waterfall.
You'll start your journey with an off-road drive through a private reserve. Aboard our 6-wheel drive passenger vehicle, you'll see Hawaii's rich scenery unfold around you while our expert guide fills you in on the importance of Kohala.
When you reach your destination, the real fun starts – a series of fun activities that bring you closer to Hawaii's natural features. You may take notice to the natural waterfall that serves as the region's most predominant feature, and it's here and the pool it filters out into that you'll go for a swim. Enjoy the crystal blue waters as they filter down from a mountain stream above, showing you the process of nature on The Big Island.
As you're wading around in the cooling waters, you'll hear the excited hollers of other travelers as they soar through the forest's thick canopies. After you've dried off a little, you'll follow their lead and embark on adventure through the same rich forestry.
Flying Through Kohala
Next is a zipline ride through the dense jungles of Kohala. You'll make your way up into the canopies of the forest where you'll be introduced to the gear and lines you'll be embarking down. Over 8 different lines are available for you to zoom down, each one providing an incredible and new view of The Big Island.
As you fly down and enjoying the rush of tropical air, you'll be completely free to let loose and enjoy yourself thanks to our high-end safety equipment. As you survey the area around you, you'll also catch 6 different sky bridges and one rappel that serve as other means to traverse through the high canopies of Kohala.
Once you're back on the ground, you'll enjoy a scenic picnic lunch near the rim of Pololu Valley. A relaxing picnic in this stunning spot is the perfect ending to an active and exciting day!
Know before you book:
- Participants must be 8 years old.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
- Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not recommended for expectant mothers.
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended. No tank tops, short-shorts, or any clothing that may allow direct skin contact with the harnesses.
- Bring a bathing suit (can be worn under clothes), hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt. Towels will be provided.