Oahu Luaus & Dinner Shows
Experience an Evening Like No Other!
Oahu Luaus & Dinner Shows: How to Choose the Best Luau
Oahu luaus are a perfect way to spend an evening on the island. Above all, there’s great food and live entertainment, and you’ll learn more about Hawaiian culture as the night unfolds. However, there are quite a few luaus to choose from, and they can vary greatly.
Although all luaus provide an exciting evening of food and entertainment, luaus on Oahu vary in size, style, location, and price. While there’s a perfect luau for everyone, there’s not just one ideal luau that’s right for everyone. Therefore, a little bit of research will help you find the luau that is right for you and your ohana.
Things to consider before booking a luau:
- Size: Some luaus are small and intimate gatherings with less than a hundred guests. Meanwhile, other luaus can seat over 1,000 people a night.
- Location: Although you’ll find most luaus in the Waikiki area, you can find them on every coast and points in between. Conveniently, most luaus offer transportation from Waikiki. However, this can also add hours of sitting on a bus to your day. Especially on the way there in rush hour traffic.
- Setting: Luaus can be found in every setting from outdoor oceanfront spaces to shopping malls. You will be shocked at the variety of venues available. Similarly, the type of venue influences the luau’s overall atmosphere.
- Imu or no imu: While some luaus hold elaborate earth-oven demonstrations others don’t have them at all. So be sure to verify first if this is important to you.
- Price & ‘What’s Included’: Generally, it’s difficult to compare luaus by price. This is because each luau has its unique set of pros and cons, and you aren’t just buying tickets. In reality, you’ll be buying a package with a variety of inclusions, such as leis, drink tickets, photo packages, etc.
- Quirks: They all certainly have them, regardless of size or venue. Although most luaus may offer one feature, this doesn’t necessarily mean that they all do. For example, one luau on Oahu doesn’t serve alcohol, while another doesn’t have live music. Thus, it’s always best to read the descriptions well to avoid disappointment later on.